Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day - a day off of sorts....


It's 9:30 am, and I just woke up (that is sleeping in for me!)

My wife had the coffee on and Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on. I looked at the last time I started a blog, and it was the day AFTER Thanksgiving 2008.
I am really going to try this year to blog more often, so you all have an idea of how insane I really am. I want to share with you all things that are going on with me:
1. The 500 projects I seem to take on: progress, etc
2. Family life
3. Travel
4. Parenting
5. New Music that I am listening to

Let me know if you have any suggestions as well.

OK - so as I am sitting writing this, I am thinking about how lucky I really am.
I really have it made - a beautiful wife that loves me after 19 years, great kids, and a wonderful family. Most of my family will be here at 3:30, each bringing their special dishes. I am cooking 2 turkeys: 1 in the oven, and 1 on the grill.
Julie (my wife and I) rent tables and chairs, and usually have between 30-35 people over.
We really love to host Thanksgiving, and I believe this is our 10th year (if not more).
My mom and sister Linda are flying in from Palm Springs, but the rest of the family are actually in town.

This Saturday the Peterson Family have their 1st of 4 holiday gigs. This one is at the Womans Club in downtown Mpls. We have scaled things back a bit, as I actually wanted to enjoy my brothers and sisters this holiday season, instead of ordering them around. (I am sure they are going to enjoy that more as well.) All the 3d and 4th generation will take a year off, with the exception of nephew Jason Peterson DeLaire.

If you want to find out all the details of the gigs, go back to www.PaulPeterson.com and look on the front page where I list the gigs. You can also go to www.ThePetersonFamily.info for bios, etc.

That's all for today, as I want to actually TAKE A DAY OFF!!!

God Bless you all - and have a wonderful day!

St Paul Peterson


1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful blog! It's great to get a glimpse of life at the Petersons'. :-)

    Love, Merseyrose

    ReplyDelete